Großherzoglich-Hessische Porzellansammlung

Darmstadt

With the opening of the museum in 1908, Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig of Hesse and near the Rhine made the family property, which had grown over the centuries, accessible to the public. With over 4000 objects from faience, earthenware and porcelain, the collection provides an overview of the artistic development of European ceramics from its beginnings to the end of the 19th century.