Bamberg Cathedral

Bamberg

Emperor Heinirch II commisioned the first construction of the Bamberg Cathedral in 1003 - the so-called "Heinrichsdom" with two Romanesque towers. However, several fires severely damaged it, resulting in a new construction starting in 1215, which, alongside the Romanesque forms also had Gothic features. Several richly decorated portals form the entrance to the cathedral, where the tombs of Heinrich and Kunigunde are found.